WHAT DO WE DO
1.Uganda Diabetes Association(UDA) helps people manage their diabetes effectively by providing information, advice and support through
- Advocacy services: giving people with diabetes information to help them understand their rights and entitlements.
- Information service: providing in print and online covering all aspects of diabetes to help people with diabetes, family members and friends. We also provide specialized information for health care workers.
- Networking: helping people with diabetes across Uganda to network through telephone and online peer support. This helps to give confidence and morale to people living with diabetes.
- Support events for children and their families: providing a relaxed and fair environment in which children and young people with diabetes and their families get together, share experiences and receive advice from our counselors, healthy educators or volunteer health care professionals
2. UDA campaigns with people with diabetes and with health care professionals to improve the quality of diabetes care in Uganda. 3. We conduct or facilitate diabetes care related research in the country.
4. UDA conducts risk assessment, early diagnosis and mitigation of pre-diabetes through health life style choices.
5. We support health care professionals involved in the care of people living with diabetes.